Thursday, April 14, 2011

Embrace the Camera: Lunch Date

So, the camera and I haven't been spending a lot of time together lately - at least not with me in front of it - but I do have a few pics to share from when the hubs & I celebrated our anniversary last weekend.

And so, I wanted to "Embrace the Camera" today.





My man and I celebrated seven years of wedded bliss this month.
Us - 4/3/04.
Because our anniversary fell on a Sunday this year, I wasn't sure we'd be able to do much. But we ended up having an awesome downtown lunch-time date (thanks to Grandma & Papa taking the boys for the afternoon)

We started out by taking a walk in the Pappajohn Sculpture Park, playing with the camera, and just enjoying the awesome weather (even if it was a little lot windy).

This sculpture - 'Nomade' - is my favorite.
Had to take a break from all that arduous strolling. See my hair? The definition of 'windblown'

Please ignore my ripped boot...

My awesome, curly-headed, hubby.

After our stroll through the park, we headed over to Centro for brunch. While the service was seriously lacking that afternoon (sat waiting for 20 minutes for a server to even come to our table!), the food was still delicious.

Then, my hubby let me go next door to grab a delish mocha at Starbucks, before we went over to the Science Center of Iowa to watch 'Tornado Alley' on the IMAX. As if I wasn't freaked out enough by severe weather... Yeah, it didn't help. But it was very cool to see.

It was a terrific afternoon. It was almost surreal to have that much alone time with my man! We jumped right back in to "regular" life after we picked up the boys -- I carted Zack off to Cubbies for the evening -- but that lovely break in our day just to spend time together was absolutely priceless.

Now you go EMBRACE the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment