Monday, May 16, 2011

Share the Love: RhettandLink

That lovely draft post I lost? It was the next installment of "Share the Love." Can I remember what I wrote? Of course not. So, you won't really know the difference, I suppose - but I guess I couldn't resist sharing my frustration along with the love. (Can I add my "Embrace the Camera" post from last week has disappeared? Yeah. More frustration.)

Despite the fact that I haven't really "made up" with Blogger yet, I'm going to attempt to give you all a new post. Provided, of course, Blogger doesn't decide to then devour said post... (Ok, sorry. Still a little bitter)

What I do remember from the post I lost was that I remember to discuss the idea behind the "Share the Love" series. Because I (naturally) posted the first one without doing that.

The reason I decided to start this new series is that I've found recently there have been many things I would talk to friends about, assuming they knew about them - only to have them stare at me blankly.  Or just look at me like I was loony. Either way.

So I started out sharing about one of our family's fav guys from YouTube. Today, I'll continue on that trend, sharing about my personal favorite guys on YouTube (don't worry, it's completely platonic love). In the future, I plan to share a variety of things - this is just the track my mind has been on the past week.

Now, if you haven't heard of Rhett and Link, I guess I wouldn't be shocked. But if you didn't even recognize their faces, I might look at you a little funny.  That's because their mugs have been featured in more than one McDonald's commercial.

There is one currently running, which also features MysteryGuitarMan (who you should also check out), but the one from last summer featured them prominently. It is based off their video T-Shirt War (which is a MUST SEE, by the way). Both these "videos" are actually stop-motion animations (very cool) and are collaborations with MysteryGuitarMan.





But whether you know them or not isn't the issue today, is it? The whole point is to SHARE them with you because I love their work - and I think you all will, too.

I'm just going to tell you now, I'm a video geek. I am. My degree is in broadcast journalism, I worked in TV. I geek out over things like how a TV show or movie was shot, and all that fun (to me) stuff.  (You also NEVER want to watch the news with me. It's not fun.) But I think video geeks and non-geeks alike can appreciate RhettandLink's work. They're unique, creative and funny. And as a bonus - they're very "clean," as well (which I, for one, appreciate)

One of my favorites from them is this one - featuring the many benefits of PhotoShop. And for the geek in me, it was done using only jump cuts. No special effects. (love)





Another favorite is this one. It was shot backwards and used thousands of pillows. You can see the "making of" video here.




Honestly, I could keep going, but if I don't stop now this will end up being an incredibly long post just full of videos... Instead, you should go check out RhettandLink's YouTube channel. You know, unless you hate being entertained. Or laughing. Definitely don't go if you hate laughing.

One more note, the guys are currently on a cross-country road trip, which they're (of course) documenting on YouTube. Be sure to check that out, as well. :)

Up next for 'Share the Love': Something in the more "practical" category for the moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment