Friday, November 19, 2010

Ye Olde Birthday

Remember awhile back when I said something about a birthday…a kinda biggish one? Well, it came and went during my recent absence from the blog. And who turned 30? THIS gal.
The final decision for the big three-oh party was a gathering for some bowling, followed by some delish pizza, cake and party games.
I was excited to gather with both sides of my fam and do a little bowling. My hubby and my dad were kind enough to catch some photos for me.
Zack was VERY excited to go bowling (he was also under the impression I was having a costume party. We just let him go with that…)
IMG_2728
Impeccable form…
IMG_2732
DSC_0030
Austin’s favorite thing: The claw machine. (he ended up with more than a dozen of those little things!)
DSC_0060
He also tried a little bowling…
IMG_2691
…and was obviously pretty impressed with himself.
IMG_2695
It was fun to get to see everyone play…
DSC_0169
DSC_0158
DSC_0153
And I definitely need to work on my form, but I had a lot of fun!
DSC_0178
DSC_0183
After a couple of games, we all went over to my in-law’s house for pizza (including SUPREME, which I LOVE but never get to have – due to the picky-eaters in my house) and a delicious custom cake from Hy-Vee (marble cake with bavarian cream filling – YUM!)
IMG_2781
I also was blessed with some awesome gifts from my family. I won’t bore you with all the repetitive pics of me opening presents… but when a gift is wrapped in a giant ball of aluminum foil, it’s less boring to see being unwrapped. (thanks, Jordan) So, here ya go…
IMG_2762
IMG_2763
IMG_2764
IMG_2765
We also got to play an awesome new game called “Start the Party.” It’s a game for the Playstation Move (which is a recent purchase for us). We rented the game, and had a blast getting to play it with everyone. It certainly lives up to its name!
Zack warmed up the crowd…
IMG_2804
…and pretty soon everyone was joining in.
My brother, Jake.
IMG_2789
My brother-in-law, Jordan.
IMG_2799
My brother-in-law, Jared.
IMG_2798
My sister-in-law, Amber (contemplating her next move).
IMG_2803
Even my mother-in-law!
IMG_2807
IMG_2808
I, of course, dominated the competition. (not really)
IMG_2794
I had an awesome party and am SO thankful to my amazing husband who took care of all the details and let me just relax and enjoy it all.
And, as for 30? So far, it’s not so bad. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment