Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two Years

Austin2BW
Our little Austin turned two this month. I honestly feel like it’s been the fastest two years. We can’t imagine life without our fearless little boy (who gives his big brother a run for his money). He makes us all laugh every day (and sometimes challenges us every minute).
When we first heard he would be born with clubfoot we didn’t know what to do. We were afraid. We were worried. But little did we know that the entire experience would cause us to grow and push us to lean more fully on God. He entrusted us with this sweet boy, and we reaped boundless joy on top of it all.
As parents, we’re usually concerned about what we will teach our children. How we will shape their lives. What we fail to realize sometimes is how much our children teach and shape us. I’m a far different person two years after the birth of our second son – and I’m immeasurably thankful for that. I hope we never brush off how difficult those first few months of Austin’s life were. Even more, I hope we don’t brush off how much we learned and grew during that struggle.
Austin, you won’t read this any time soon – maybe never – but I love you, sweet boy. And I’m so glad God chose me to be your mommy.
DSC_0053
DSC_0134
DSC_0221
DSC_0212

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It's nice to know I won't be the sole-stealer of Santa cheer! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Reagan! (and thanks for visiting my blog) Yes, I'm so glad to know we aren't the only ones, either! Was beginning to think we were! PTL for encouragement via blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete