Monday, April 20, 2009

What Goes on in That Mind of Yours?

A thought I often have when it comes to Zackary. Sometimes I'm just amazed at what comes out of his mouth, simply for the fact that I have no idea where it came from. Some of the stuff lately though is a bit too long for the "From the Mouth of Zack" little section I have over on the right, so I thought I'd share a few things here.

A few days ago, we were watching the movie 'Space Jam' (the one with Michael Jordan and the Loony Toon characters). At one point MJ starts playing ball, and Zack got all excited and said, "Mommy! That guy knows how to play basketball just like me!" Apparently Zack has skills I didn't even know about... ;)

I recently called Austin a "Wiggle Worm" because he just doesn't hold still for anything anymore. He wants to go, go, go! Well, Zack heard me call Austin a "Wiggle Worm" and looked at him thoughtfully and said, "Mommy, I think he is a little caterpillar, not a worm."

Austin's had his brace off a lot more the last few days since he's had his brace time reduced. Zack and I were playing with Austin the other day and he had bare feet. Zack looked at me and said, "Mommy, I love Austin's cute little wiggly toes." Me too, Zacky, me too! :)

A few days ago, we found out that John (Josh's brother who's in the Army serving in Iraq) had a PT (Physical Training) test coming up that he wasn't expecting, and he needed to pass it in order to be up for a promotion he's been working towards. I told Zack we needed to pray for Uncle John, so at nap time the day of John's test, we did. Zack said the following: "Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Jesus please come down from the clouds and help Uncle John win his racing run. We love you, Jesus. Amen." And just for the record, John passed. :)

I know there are probably more things I could post here, but can't seem to remember everything right now! Either way, I just wanted to share with you all some of these moments that have made me smile, and hope they make you smile, as well. :)

Also, here's a video from yesterday of the boys that I also found quite amusing... Enjoy!


The attack of Austin from Kristy Heilman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment