Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Give Me a Revelation

Sometimes you can hear a song dozens of times, but then hear it during one specific moment, and it’s like you’re hearing it for the first time. That happened to me just recently with one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands.The song? Revelation by Third Day. (I’ll attach a link below for those of you who haven’t heard it before.)

I was driving along (one of the rare times I was in the car alone) and this song hit me square between the eyes…especially the chorus…

Give me a revelation
Show me what to do
'Cause I've been trying to find my way
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without you

If you’ve read some of my recent posts, you know I’ve been struggling to find my way through some personal struggles. These lyrics were exactly what I’d been thinking lately. But there’s something I don’t think I’ve been doing fervently enough -- Asking God to show me what to do. Sure, I ask periodically. But I’m not on my knees begging for Him to reveal to me when I need to move and when I need to stay.

It’s that control thing popping up for me again. It takes humility and brokenness to be able to ask that of God. And I know that I haven’t been humble enough to do it like I should. That complete surrender can be such a difficult thing for me sometimes nearly all the time. And I have no good reason to be hanging on to anything. I certainly don’t know what *I’m* doing! He does. So the chorus of this song is going to become my prayer. Because Lord knows I need a revelation.

Here is the awesome song… and below you’ll find the lyrics for the entire song.

(NOTE: If you have not listened to Third Day, give these Georgia boys a shot! One of my favorite bands of all time – LOVE these godly guys!)

"Revelation"
My life has led me down the road that's so uncertain
Now I am left alone and I am broken
Trying to find my way
Trying to find the faith that's gone
This time I know that you are holding all the answers
I'm tired of losing hope and taking chances
On roads that never seem
To be the ones that bring me home
Give me a revelation
Show me what to do
'Cause I've been trying to find my way
I haven't got a clue
Tell me should I stay here
Or do I need to move
Give me a revelation
I've got nothing without you
I've got nothing without you
My life has led me down this path that's ever winding
Through every twist and turn, I'm always finding
That I am lost again
Tell me when this road will ever end
I don't know where I can turn
Tell me, when will I learn
Won't you show me where I need to go
Let me follow your lead
I know that it's the only way that I can get back home

No comments:

Post a Comment