Wednesday, March 3, 2010

“Creative” Writing

Ok, so it’s been awhile since I’ve done much in the way of creative writing. It’s been a LONG while since I put any of it where it could be seen by anyone else. But here goes… again. Just a little thing that was swimming around in my head this week…poured out on paper (and now here).

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Cor. 5:17)

---------------------------------------------------

My way? It’s the wrong way.

Always has been. Always will be.

So why am I always so bound and determined to do it my way?

I’ve never gotten it right. Not once.

You? Perfect. Every time.

But I still resist. Why?

If I could just slough off all this SELF

I’d be much better off.

Much more joyful. Much less stressed.

But I still try to take control – grab the wheel.

You could just tie my hands. But you won’t.

You give me the choice.

Sometimes I wish you wouldn’t.

But there it is again – Me thinking I know better. Even when I know I don’t.

How can You love this mess that is me?

I can’t understand it. I can’t.

So I give up. Again.

I know I’ve said it before – and this probably won’t be the last time – but Your will be done, NOT mine.

Thanks for giving me another chance. Always another chance.

I promise I’m trying to do better – be better.

More than that – I’m trying to JUST be Yours – and not get mired up in the rest of this. This stuff.

Thanks for understanding. For loving – Me.

The Me that gets in the way. The Me that messes things up.

Just take Me. Make Me – Yours.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful writing, Kristy -- very powerful and heartfelt. I love the style of your creative writing. More, more :)

    ReplyDelete