Friday, March 19, 2010

Bring on Spring!

Yesterday, the boys and I headed out for our first trip to the park of 2010. Zack had been begging me since first thing in the morning, and I certainly couldn’t resist since the weather was so gorgeous! So after lunch, we headed out and a park just down the road from us was completely EMPTY! (I wasn’t expecting that since all the kids here are on spring break right now) It was a nice surprise :)

Zack’s first order of business was to ride the chicken…

DSC_0005

Austin absolutely LOVED the swings! He started laughing hysterically when I got him started – it was so sweet!

DSC_0013

(*Note: Please try to ignore the graffiti on the swing…I mean, we do live on the Eastside. ;P)

This is Zack’s new favorite way to swing. I wish I’d had the video camera with me because the whole time he was doing this, he was singing the “action scene” music from Greatest American Hero. (and don’t tell me you don’t remember that show from the 80s! lol) It’s one of his current favorite shows. He told me, “Mommy, I’m Ralph!” and then proceeded to sing the song…

DSC_0015

Zack was determined to be the big brother and help Austin go down the slide…but Austin wasn’t really interested in having any help. In fact, he was kind of annoyed to be slowed down.

DSC_0041

And then he was determined he was going to climb back up the slide. (He wasn’t thrilled when I took him off)

DSC_0036

Zack again being “Ralph” from Greatest American Hero

DSC_0048

Austin took a turn riding a bird… but it wasn’t quite adventurous enough for him.

DSC_0053

So he took off for a walk (He’s getting so big, so fast!)

DSC_0075

Zack got to ride his bike he got for his birthday from Uncle Jake outside for the first time. Thumbs up! (This pose of his reminds me a lot of an Uncle Jared pose)

DSC_0087

And he’s off… I don’t know how I’m going to keep up with these guys!

DSC_0080

No comments:

Post a Comment