Friday, October 23, 2009

Playtime

I admit it. I love summer, but hate the dreadfully hot weather. What I love more? Fall. I love 70ish degrees with a slight breeze. I love wearing long sleeves (but not a coat) and feeling not too hot, and not too cold. I love the crisp air in the mornings and the sun through the golden and orange leaves.

The boys and I have taken advantage of the fall weather when we get a chance (I am acutely aware of those “perfect” days right now especially because of some unseasonably COLD weather we’ve been having.) So when those perfect fall days come around… we try to head outside.

One of our new favorite places to go is Grandview Park. It’s just down the road from our house, and when you go at the right time (school hours on a weekday!) there’s practically no one there. It rocks to have nearly an entire park to yourself. :)

Here are a couple pics of the boys enjoying the playground…

Austin’s new favorite… the swings!

DSCF3223

It never fails that Austin’s hair will be sticking up wildly in one place or another (or MORE than one place, for that matter).

DSCF3226

Here’s Zack in what he calls the “intraption” (a.k.a. CONtraption)

DSCF3233

Zack also loves the bridge. If he’s on it, it probably means he’s pretending to be Indiana Jones.

DSCF3236

And he’s starting to get the hang of “pumping” his legs to swing on his own (but he much prefers to be pushed.) Here, he’s checking out his shadow.

DSCF3230

So, once the ground dries up again, I’m sure we’ll be out again… maybe in a park near you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment