Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mini-Van? Mega Fun.

So, I’m a little behind in my blogging these days. Truth be told, I have about 4 or 5 blogs in my head just waiting to be written… It’s just finding the time to sit and write that tends to be the issue. ;) But I have a moment tonight (Josh and the boys are watching Bob the Builder…), so I thought I’d try to get at least ONE out of my already to full noggin (maybe two?!) Here goes…

I mentioned a couple posts ago that we’d gotten a new mini-van. That’s right, I am now a mini-van mamma! And, let me tell you, I couldn’t be happier! I’m madly in love with the thing, and if that’s wrong… I don’t even want to be right. ;P

Some of you know, we’ve been having vehicle issues for several months now. Our Tahoe (which we love) has been gradually falling apart as it’s gotten older. It had gotten to the point that we decided we just needed to sell it to pay off the loan and then figure out getting another vehicle. Then came the “hallelujah moment” (*you know, when angels sing and the heavens open?*) We found out Josh’s grandma was likely going to sell the minivan that she and Grandpa had bought a few years ago. Grandpa passed away this year (*we still miss him so much*) and Grandma wanted to get something smaller, and more practical for her.

To make a bit of a long story a little shorter, we talked to Grandma, got a loan, and bought the van. Grandma was happy it was staying in the family, and we were ecstatic ‘cause it was such a perfect fit for our family. And what about the Tahoe, you ask? MY parents bought it and my dad’s going to fix up the problems it’s having (he’s a master mechanic). Can you say perfect solution for everyone? We sure did. ;)

DSC_0432

And what’s even more fun than having a mini-van? Having a super cute, fun one! It’s a 2004 Toyota Sienna… Did I mention I’m in love with it? (I am)

DSC_0437

And have you seen the super fun Sienna commercials? Yeah, the ones with the funny, cute couple and their kids? Let me just say this: Swagger Wagon. Maybe this will jog your memory…

I *heart* that video. ‘Cause yeah…. “I kiss their boo-boos…clean doggie doo-doos” and “It’s true, if I were you, I’d be jealous of me” ;P

So yeah, we’ve got a Swagger Wagon. I’m a mini-van mommy. And you know what? It’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment