Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ah, the satisfaction...

So as you all know, I'm now a full-time stay-at-home mom. It's something I've wanted for quite some time, but I of course had my minor concerns when I began this new season of life.

For one, I was thinking I'd probably be bored now and then. As it turns out, I don't think I've been "bored" at all since becoming a mom. And now with two kiddos, it certainly isn't something I've experienced lately. Burnt out maybe - but not bored, exactly :) I'm busy from the moment I wake up to the moment I lay down at night.

But here's the thing I've come to realize in the last few days: I feel content. Satisfied. At peace.

Last night I was lying in bed praying and just had this realization that I felt completely satisfied with the day. The day itself wasn't a perfect day by any stretch of the imagination (multiple time-outs for Zack, Austin grumping from gas, etc), but I still felt satisfied with how it had all turned out. And I found myself thanking God for the life He has blessed me with and His incredibly perfect timing. I may have been wanting this for a long time, but He knew that THIS time was exactly when it needed to happen.

Ah, the satisfaction... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment